View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandtanksmom View Post
In a lot of places, I have read and heard that Yorkies typically don't do well with children - fortunately for me, I have never run into that problem with my boys. They both LOVE kids, especially Joey. Tank is very shy, but once a kid has him, he's generally fine. Neither of them has ever barked, growled, or snapped at a child. I wish you luck!
Jackson's like Tank. He's very shy when it comes to kids but I typically carry treats with me, so if a kid wants to pet Jackson, I ask if they want to give him a treat, and if they do... then he will let the kids pet him and he loves them forever! LOL. He's never barked or snapped or anything. He growled at a kid one time and the kid was staring Jackson right into his eyes and I guess he got intimidated, that was the only time a little growl came out of him, I've never heard him do it otherwise.

So if it's possible, I would try to get out to parks, etc and socialize him more kids and see if kids wanna throw down some treats for him, etc. Just take it slowly. He tends to like girls better than boys!

However... my 6 year old brother, Camron, he LOVES him to pieces!! He's constantly around him and a 2 year old girl, and he will allow the 2 yr old to pull his ears, pet him, stick her hand in his food bowl, take away his bones, he really loves her and could care less. But of course they're always supervised.

Last edited by Britster; 04-23-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!