View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #60
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula-Mae Famous View Post
I dont want you to think in anyway that this is not a sad story where it seems as though this puppy is getting the help it needs which is a very beautiful thing.

Volenteering in a foster home for abused dogs I have seen my share of dogs in really rough shape. Its enough to drive a person insane. You just cant fathom how a person could... Its heartbreaking.

I cant do it anymore becuase it hurts too much.

I can understand you wanting to share your story. Its not you, your friend or the story that made me angry. I hope you didnt think I was attacking you.

Perhaps admin should seriously consider a sticky for this as there are probably hundreds of threads regarding this topic.
Perhaps members that are truley upset by these stories have possible ideas on what could be done to stop them. Breeders should be held to a higher standard than what they are getting away with (especially for what they are charging!)

My father has bred dogs my whole life and has not once made a profit from it (in fact, I'm sure on many occassions he has lost money). His dogs have more awards on the wall than I ever did. He cares about the breed. Im not saying breeders should give their dogs away, just that with prices as high as they are people will look for alternatives.
Finding a good breeder is a very very tricky thing.
I don't think that way at all, that I thought you were attacking me. Thank You for your honest & refreshing post. I applaud you for your loving volunteer work. You just might be up there w/ the 'elites' in my book.
I truly believe that a good breeder never makes money, but loves doing it for the breed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!