View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #25
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Yelena, I was questioning the change to the code of ethics of the YTCA. There have been many discussions on this forum about the practice of 'enhancing' the color of the Yorkshire Terrier. The reason I went back to read the code of ethic was because someone asked me a question about what the code of ethics said about changing the appearance of a dog. I was surprised when I saw it had been changed. I don't want to go around quoting the YTCA code of ethics incorrectly. The reason I posted the question on here is because I know several members on here are members of the YTCA and they would be able to give a good explanation as to why it was changed and I received a good explanation.
Barb,

Thanks for bringing the question to light. It made me thing on when that particular ethics code was changed. I'd forgotten that we actually worked on the ethics & conduct rules last year. These things are always presented to the membership and never passed until fully discussed and voted on.

The code read, no physical altering; however, what it fails to expand on, is the infraction must occur at an AKC sanctioned event; in the ring. And although, it doesn't clairify what alteration; it is addressing to those that show taking an altered female into the ring, tied up ears, physically implanted testicles, showing a dog that has had leggs perthes corrected. Judges are very concerned about those issues.

Last edited by Mardelin; 04-20-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!