View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
maryeverett1
BANNED!

Can I second the idea to find a rescue for your papa? After just going through a heat, unplanned pregnancy and VERY EXPENSIVE delivery I can tell you that if things don't go right you will be paying for a $1200 c-section and at that price might have well just bought a very well bred yorkie puppy! It sounds like a good idea..."I get my dog pregnant, I have puppies and poof I can give pops a puppy for free and make some money too! Not a bad idea!" I know your motivation is NOT money but can I just tell you as someone who was also inexperienced... it was WAY more money than I ever could have imagine! Even if the delivery goes fine you are still going to have to pay for shots, tail docking and any vet visits you may need to have which is another 800-1000 for a litter! And it is a ton of work! Making sure that the mama is ok and babies are thriving! I have barely left my house in the last month and she only had one puppy! It is a round the clock job! Please just research it, think about it realistically and carefully and if you are dead set on the idea get a mentor who can guide you through the process. But look into a rescue which might be the perfect idea for him...already grown, through the puppy and potty stage and a great companion and not loads of money! If you have any other questions about what I experienced I would be glad to answer them! I love napoleon to death and we are keeping him but can I just assure you that you will pay that money in having a litter or you can bypass the work and the risk, leave it to the pros and pay for a puppy or a rescue! Good luck with everything!!
maryeverett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!