View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I just got my yorkie last weekend and she is 13 weeks old on Monday. She is doing a few things I am not too happy with.
-----------------------------------------------------

Hope you're not surprised!!!!

My new puppy is on the couch a lot. I just have a large bath towel over the part of the couch she is on. He doesn't do the digging that you are talking about though.

If my puppy is doing something I don't want him to do, I just pick him up and tell him , "No no no." Then I distract him and get him interested in something else.

My other dog (4 years old) does the digging you are talking about everytime he gets in his doggy bed. (He actually wore one bed out doing it.) He does it for a minute or two before he lies down. I think it is instinctive behavior. I notice a lot of dogs do this (inside or out) before they lie down to sleep. It's like they are making their bed. Instinctive behavior, it will be hard to stop. For sure, place a towel on the couch so she won't damage the material on the couch.

I would say "anal glands" also for your other problem. But, do very young puppies have this problem? I don't know.

Carol Jean
SnowWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!