View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Cirlonde
YT Addict

Default Possibly Switching to Wellness Core from Iams

Hi, guys! Even though we've had Chloe for almost a year, I'm still learning! We're getting ready to switch her over to adult dog food and so I've been doing my homework on the subject. Unfortunately, we don't have a Petco or PetSmart near our home so we'll have to make a special trip to purchase a new brand of dog food. (For convenience, we've been feeding her Iams puppy food since I can easily get it at Wal-Mart.) Anyway, before I make the drive, I wanted to see what you guys had to say!

I think I've just about narrowed it down to either Wellness Core or Blue Buffalo. I'm leaning towards the Wellness because of the price difference. I realize that Chloe should eat less when we're feeding her a higher quality of food, but I do want to keep price in mind because this is a long term commitment! My major concern is with Chloe's coat. Yorkies in general have such beautiful coats and I really want Chloe to have a gorgeous one! For those of you who feed Wellness, did you notice a change in the quality of your dog's coat? Sometimes Chloe's coat seems a little dry and I've noticed a very few flakes in her fur while brushing. Do you think changing food could help this?

One other thing I'm concerned with (and forgive the delicate subject matter) is the consistency of her poop. I have to clean up after her outside and it is so easy when her stools are firm. It also seems to greatly cut down on poop getting stuck in her fur. I was curious if a better quality dog food will change that consistency (either for better or worse). I've heard that feeding wet dog food makes the stools more moist and I'd like to avoid that if possible. Any insight is appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!!
-C
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!