View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #71
WinstonMom
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoforFun View Post
I had never had a dog before my maltese so I had no clue whatsoever. I did my research on the breed itself and nothing more. So one of my first questions would be, how much? And I probably asked more than one stupid question. I would have like so much for one breeder to give me a few seconds of their time to give me a small lecture on how and why. To atleast direct me to websites where there's more than color and weight of a dog. I used to think a dog was just a pet and now I'm totally an animal lover.
Ok yeah there are some stupid people out there but hanging up on how much? that is plain rude. That's why there's still backyard breeders.

This thread was just meant for fun to share some of the silly questions that people ask. I do, however, spend a lot of time with my potential puppy owners, first contact is usually by phone and I have been known to spend hours talking to people, educating them, telling them the pros and cons of owning a yorkie, my goal is to find forever homes, so I need to make sure that potential owners know what they are getting into and that they are not wanting a pup on impulse. I always suggest reading material on the breed and will email them information on the breed. Some of the best owners of my babies are people that have never had a yorkie or even a dog before.
It is just that you usually get a gut-feeling about people the first time you talk to them and I just go with my instincts.

Audrey
WinstonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!