View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 11:11 PM   #12
PlatinumYorkies
Monte, Mone't's Joy!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalyorkiLvr
Sorry if I offend anyone here because i truly respect allopinions but please be careful about what you say unless you have personal experience with this breeder because there are quite a few members here who got their puppies from Jeff Dane, have been to his facility, have met him in person and rave about him.

I have never met him or been to his kennel but it looks really nice in the pictures and his prices seem very fair to me since he seems to price based on the puppy. He sells his standard sized yorkies between $600 and $1200 with the majority in the $600 range. His "teacups" sell for between $1200 and $10,000 with most being around $3500. His rationale for their pricing is based on their looks and desirability.

If someone really wants a teeny tiny then they better have the money to pay for it up front as for the extra care it may require for it's lifetime due to it's small size. The teeny tinies need 24 hour around the clock care and they cannot usually be sold until they are quite bit older to make sure thay are healthy. I have no problem with any breeder who puts this time and attention into a puppy from asking that amount in order to find a home where the parents will truly understand the valu of what they have.

I think it depends on what you are looking for and you get what you pay for. He is certainly not the breeder for everyone, but I don't think it is fair to criticize him without any proof and I don't think anyone has proof that "he comes on here disquised as someone else". If they do I would like to see it.

I don't think he has any more "sick" dogs than the typical breeder who breeds the volume he does. Not every dog is perfectly healthy, and as we all know from being on this forum, breeders tend to get the blame for things when quite frequently it is the new owner who has not educated themselves about the breed and they like to blame things like hypoglycemia for instance, on the breeder.

His website is very educational and I cannot criticize him for anything based on internet rumor and not hving met him or been to his facility. I just don't think it is fair.
Do you know the breed standard calls for them to be between 4-7lbs...which makes Yorkies a toy breed already..there are no...miniture, toys, standard, and large Yorkies, in the breed standard(which the site CLAIMS). Maybe, it is just a recommendation of the YTCA, not a Requirement. Yes, yorkies come smaller, however to breed them to be small and sell them for a quarter million is not right! Maybe, I am slow, can you explain my misunderstanding to me, like I am a 4 yr old.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!