View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
cruisinpat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Confused New (to me) 1-year-old - potty question

Hi everyone. This is the third day that he has been here. The breeder told me that he is housebroken with a doggie door along with being crate trained. He is doing great EXCEPT that he hasn't gone potty yet today, and it's 11 am. I took him out first thing this morning with my other dog (not a yorkie). He sniffed around and kept wanting to be right with me. I walked him in the "potty" area of the yard over and over telling him to "go potty" -- nothing. So I brought him in and put him in his crate with his food/water. He ate and 20 minutes later I took him back outside for about 3 minutes. I have repeated this every 1/2 hour since 7:30 and nothing. I really want to hold him but I don't know that I should as he hasn't gone potty yet. I have read a lot about potty training and I think that I am doing the right thing but I need some input from others. I don't want to set him up for failure and I know that I have to be strong -- the breeder told me not to let him "con" me. HELP! Thanks .................... Pat
cruisinpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!