View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #63
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloMelissa View Post
Yes thanks Jody - much appreciated!
I guess we're trying to go slow in introducing new diets to her - we don't know exactly what will cause a flare-up so it's scary. She seems to be doing OK on this BLUE Salmon & Potato food. She had almost normal BM's Monday and yesterday but this morning it was semi-formed and soft. Not sure if that should be a concern. Also, since Fri she's lost 2 lbs!! Fri & Sat she was throwing up everything so Sun we barely fed her so I wonder if that's what it's from?
Also I have a Pred question - she's doing this thing where her teeth sound like they are chattering. I've never heard this before in her. She only does it for a few seconds at a time, I'm wondering if it could be a side effect from the Pred?

I am reconsidering a consult with Susan ... I haven't heard back from Dr. Centers (I emailed her on Sunday). Right now we are focusing on getting Maddie back to being semi-normal before we consult with anyone. Like I said in my first post we are struggling a bit with finances :-(
I have no idea if the prednisone would cause that side affect, but I would certainly ask the vet. I would highly recommend starting a probiotic daily. This alone can make a difference.

It is really easy to home cook in this instance if you think the Blue isn't working. Steam some sweet potato, green beans and talapia, puree if possible, or chop into teeny tiny pieces. You can even add a little pure pumpkin to help with the loose stools.

I completely understand about the finances. You wouldn't want to imagine my VISA balance !!! But, I can tell you that consulting with Susan was the best $ spent and saved me lots in the long run. The supplements are not cheap, but I firmly believe the supplements & the food have gotten Sissy to a good place quickly and ultimately saved me lots of money in the long run.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!