View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 06:32 AM   #2
mommadog1
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
With the hot conversation being collar - no collar lately I am wondering if anyone has had their dog tatooed. One of our vets tried it on his dog but it came off. Evidently he did it wrong and didn't go deep enough?
Where would you put a tatoo? Inside the thigh or ear?
Does anyone have an opinion on this practice?

I know microchips are the way to go but Adie's came out!
Why no collar? All of my dogs have collars with tags and microchipped and I have never had a problem except one migrated. I have never heard of a chip coming out, I don't even think it is possible, except if it came out right after insertion thats why they hold the are closed for a couple minutes.

BUT they can migrate and it could of moved to any part of her body. So i would have her scanned from head to toe, every inch.. And if its in an area where it would be hard to find then I would have another one put in and use the Home again ones, they don't migrate..

Anyhow, all I can really tell you about tattooing is it has to be done by someone who knows how to do it right and has done it a bunch of times. And it should be done in the ear where it can be found easily.

Tattooing is painful to the dog and i personally do not think it's worth doing. Not now with having chips.
mommadog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!