View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #12
luvmyYorkieJack
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Jack's Vet Visit

Today went better than I could have ever hoped! They did a urinanalysis and got some really good results back. The magnesium based crystals the previous vet found are completely gone! The vet also consulted with another vet that will be joining their team in the beginning of May. She has an invested interest with liver diseases and shunts because her dog had one. She said based on the results, there is no way that it could be a shunt. She would have expected certain numbers to be elevated not decreased. She would have also expected him to show more symptoms than he has.... especially over the last few months. She says he probably has MVD or some type of liver disease. But we agreed with the vet that as long as he is thriving on a controlled, managed diet, there is no point in continuing with tests to find out exactly what. We don't see a point in putting him thorugh pain just to find out. And he also has gained back the 0.7-1.0 pound he lost before!!!!!!! Hopefully we can get his weight up to where it should be but for now, I am just happy that he has improved in two months. And I'm glad I got another opinon instead of just jumping into surgery because one vet said I should.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!