View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferragame View Post
You are the one looking in the For Sale sale section. You have over 9000 posts so I assume you are spend a lot of time on Yorkietalk. We're very happy to know that you know hundreds of breeders and how and where they advertise....good for you.

We follow the YTCA code of ethics but you are correct, we are not a member. This is for various reasons including some of the holier than thou members we've met (present company excluded of course). However the code of ethics is a very good business model for a quality breeder to follow. We are firm believers in this code of ethics (regardless if its the YTCA or the tim-buck-too-club-of-America code) so therefore we follow it and post it so prospective buyers know what we believe in as Yorkshire Terrier Breeders.

We typically do not advertise as demand usually exceeds the number of puppies we have. We have one remaining puppy and so therefore decided to advertise on Yorkietalk. We've had good luck with quite a few buyers from this site and have met many nice people.

Since we've never met you, we do not want to disparage you personally however, we do not appreciate your remarks. As to your last paragraph, we are not a banner advertisement (paid advertisement), this section is a free advertisement section. As you may or may not be aware or, there is a paid "for sale" section that many breeders use. we guess they are also not one of the "HUNDREDS OF YORKIE BREEDERS I (you) KNOW" either.

Finally, we believe your comments to be unfounded and somewhat of a personal attack. Your comment that "Also good reputable breeders will not ship puppies to people they've never met." regarding us is unfounded. If you truly examined our website, on our FAQ page, we specifically state we will not ship a puppy by itself. We will only hand deliver a puppy. If it requires a flight, we require the buyer to cover the cost of the airfare so we may deliver the puppy and to allow us to meet them. As this would be a highly unlikely scenario, we don't expect to (ever) ship a puppy.

Good luck in your future and thank you for taking the time to visit our humble website.

Sincerely;
Ferragame's Yorkshire Terriers
I am a YTCA member. So, that is why your posting "Our" Code of Ethics and Conduct caught my eye. As I said we, the members aren't allowed to post it. It belongs to the YTCA and they alone have the right to it as they own the rights.

Yes, I do have a lot of posts ...but, in anyone of them you will see I don't come here to only promote my dogs....I don't have too. I'm here to educate, not to sell puppies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!