View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
bellemarie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
Extreme is not the term I would use to describe it....CRUEL would be a more appropriate term. I would find a new vet that wouldn't even so much as SUGGEST such a procedure and I would certainly never consider it as a means to rectify the problem. Your boy would be better off being placed in a home with no intact females vs this as the alternative.

You can certainly can look into belly bands. They may help, they certainly won't hurt. Unfortunately, even neutered males will be attracted to in tact females from time to time. Keeping them separated would certainly be the best option for all involved, but if that is not an option for you...

don't panic, he IS an amazing vet- he wasn't saying he'd actually do it- just to prove he had no ideas what-so-ever... that proceedure is for if the dog has a medical problem such as cancer or a serious injury with which the only other option would be euthanasia...

i know i'm just being overly sentimental, but hes only recently started to trust everyone after what happened to him (he was also beaten and had his leg broken in 2 places and never set... he doesn't trust easily!) and i'm afraid that rehoming him would undo any trust in mankind that he was building up; but obviously if its that or byebye bambi, then i'd have to let him go
bellemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!