View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #14
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
You really can't blame the correspondent for what winds up on TV. That's more up to the editors and producers, and their motivations and perspective may be the complete opposite from the reporter's. With anything, there's the story, the facts and the truth....and they all most likely won't resemble each other at all.

That being said, Michael grew up in the public eye and should have known better than to give someone so much ammo that could be used against him.

There's a part of me that feels for him, but he lived so far outside of societal norms as to leave himself open to judgment. As sad of a man as he was at the end, he was just that arrogant about his lifestyle in the years preceding. In that sense, he brought much of it on himself. Society is not obligated to understand those with *eccentric* behavior towards other people's children.
Yes, but Bashir made MANY critical and judgmental comments and snide remarks throughout the narration of the show... so he clearly had some opinions he was trying to get out there. He would ask question after question, almost trying to get one quote that he could use against Michael, but never really listened to what he had to say, or even tried to understand. He also wasn't even allowed to practice journalism anymore in Britain. Michael trusted him mostly because he had conducted an interview with his friend, Princess Diana, years before. Now of course, after Michael's death, Bashir has commented he "never saw Michael doing anything wrong at Neverland..."

The last years of Michael's life, he pretty much stayed as far away as he could from anybody and everybody, and was not really in the press until his death. He actually lived in Ireland for a bit with his children, undisturbed by pap's and press like he was in the US... he was able to go bowling with his kids, go to regular places, and people would recognize him, but they didn't bother him.

Society is not obligated to do anything... I think the world just wasn't ready for a man like Michael Jackson. He always seemed so far ahead of his time -- he cared for this planet and the human race very deeply and I only wish we had more people like him. Was he eccentric and different? Of course. But I think, with the way he grew up, you're bound to be different. Really... not one single other person on this planet has garnered as much as media attention as MJ did, did he bring some of it on himself? Yes... but he never asked for most of it. The man couldn't even get in and of out of a vehicle and into a store 5 feet away without hundred's of people in his face with a camera or a microphone. He was a super talented man who still claims the biggest album ever sold in history... but that doesn't mean people have to be idiots. I always wanted to say just leave him alone for God's sake! Britney Spears had it pretty bad for a while too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!