View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 07:21 AM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I don't know if these tapes will change anyone's mind, Martin Bashir must have known that suggesting Michael of this was absolutely the worst thing he could have done to Michael. Michael had such a strong belief that we should protect children, and not take their innocence away too soon. I believe that Bashir documentary set a string of events that led to Michael's death, too many people wanted to use Michael to enrich themselves. There are those who want to believe he's guilty, he was certainly different than most people, but I think he had one of the purest hearts I've ever seen, and I truly believe that he was touched by God.

I think these tapes are important for another reason, and that is, "Will a celebrity ever get a fair trial?" As they say on these videos, the news wants to use controversial sound bites; they aren't looking for the truth. After that, the damage is done, whether they are shown innocent or not. I would have rather had Michael accused of murder than child molestation; I think he just couldn't bear to have anyone think that of him. I'm not sure how many people would understand that unless they truly understood Michael's view of children, and how God-like they were. I wish there had been more things like this before his death, maybe if enough people had gotten behind him, and acted like they believed him, he wouldn't have needed such extreme help in sleeping. Thanks for posting these, the world lost such a wonderful gift when we lost Michael.
I agree. I think Bashir's documentary was the end of him honestly. It seemed like he was finally becoming happy with his life again... he had his 3 children, he was working on a new album after 2001's Invincible, and then Bashir made the documentary the way that he did: focusing on all the weirdness of Michael and ultimately, leading to his child molestation trial.

There's actually another YouTube video of a show Maury (I think?) hosted and it shows all the unshown footage from the Living with Michael Jackson special... and it's amazing how normal he was in the regular videos, whereas Bashir portrayed him as this whacko in all of his. Grrr... just so frustrating. I can't believe how betrayed MJ must have felt.

Last edited by Britster; 03-27-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Britster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!