View Single Post
Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #11
Hickey007
YT 500 Club Member

Well I'm not going to knock big dogs one bit. My three big dogs out number my one little yorkie. I'm actually probably more of a big dog kind of person, but I wanted and indoor dog so bad and well if we just had one big dog it may work inside but three, I don't think so. I was actually very much surprised how much my husband fell for Reagan right from the start. He has never had a small dog and was one of those men that thought small dogs are for women. Now when he gets home from work he'll sit and watch her run around and just laugh I also think he really likes the fact that she greets him at the door each day when he gets home. He also really can't say much about Reagan's puppy stage because we just got his bloodhound this past June so we (more so me) just dealt with his dog's puppy stage a while ago. I'm not going to say small dogs are better than big nor are big better than small. If you had gotten a lab instead of a yorkie he probably would be just as "bad" about chewing, housebreaking, etc. but just ten time bigger so the end result would have been worse (remind your husband of this). I will say though except for eating a whole bag of dog food one night our lab was pretty much a breeze as a pup. He is now four years old and is probably our best behaved dog and very very loyal.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!