Thread: I'm convinced!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #12
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
I'm going to finally share this story with ya'll. Forgive me for the long post. I'm convinced to be EXTREMEMLY careful with my baby whenever she is on the ground anywhere outside our home.

We walked out of our condo on Monday to go to our car and I let Cerise stop and go pee. I heard my neighbor's gate open from his condo behind me and suddenly Cerise growled and whined, at the same time a big serious growl came from behind me and when I turned to look a big chocolate Lab was charging towards Cerise and I quickly tried to scoop her up. The Lab was'nt charging to say hi either. It was seriously trying to attack her

I couldn't pick her up because she was moving trying to hide between my legs so I snatched her up by the leash (remembering what I've read from so many post on YT) just as this Lab opened it's mouth to grab her. I had her in my arms and was blocking the Lab from getting her while the neighbor realize what was going on and ran to pull his dog off, then said he was sorry. My baby Cerise was so scared she was trembling and peed on me. My son was visiting me and was standing in shock (like me and Cerise) because it happened so fast, he couldn't believe it. Neither could I. He yelled "what the ____!" at the neighbor.

This neighbor has two small dogs and recently he rescued this Lab from a shelter. Over a week ago two women in our condo community were outside telling him off because he constantly lets his dogs roam around without a leash and the Lab has some aggressive issues, and he lets the dogs crap everywhere without picking up behind them.

Thank God she only wears a harness and I didn't use the Flexi leash that day, because she would have been still on the ground when I tried to pull her up. I was so shocked and upset that I just stood there speechless. My son came over and hugged us and said "good reflexes Mom"
WOW! That's horrific! Luckily you made a very SMART move (thanks to other YT members' story). If this were to ever happen, thanks to you I would know what to do. I am stunned because I had always view labs as very gentle and loving dogs...I am SO GLAD nothing happened to Cerise! Thanks for sharing because this will alert other YT members.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!