View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #14
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My dd is going to school and renting a duplex with three other roomies. They pay all their bills separately, but 90 extra for water does seem high for one person. So far, it is going really well for my dd considering 4 girls in one duplex. But, it started off on a really really bad note. Her contract clearly and boldly says NO PETS! When we went to move her in, we took our dog along for the ride, and it was a very hot summer day, so I threw in her crate for safe measure. After we were all done carrying in her stuff we decided to go to dinner. Trying to be considerate of the contract stating no pets, I put our dog in her crate and left her in the duplex so she wouldn't die from overheating in the truck while we ate. While we were gone, the landlord stopped by. OMG!! You would have thought we committed a felony! She left a nasty note saying "get that dog outta here, I said NO PETS!" She was in a crate for crying out loud. I could understand if we'd have let her run loose. When dd tried to explain that we left her there (in her crate) just to go eat, the LL said "don't let it happen again." How rude. Then, a few days later, the landlord came into their duplex unnanounced and while the girls were not there. So, I told her that they needed to put a stop to that immediately. Other than that they have not had any other issues. I do think young adults need to learn to assert themselves so they are not taken advantage of in the most subtle ways.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!