View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Mom2TwoYorkies
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry Landlord Trying To Take Advantage of Young Adults

Ok so DD moved in with her boyfriend on the 3rd floor of a home here in town. His rent is $700/month. He moved in 1/1/10. DD moved in February 27th. His rent includes water. Today, landlord told them that since DD moved in the water bill has gone up $90/month . . . Both DD and her boyfriend work full time and are never there. They don't use her washing machine at all. They don't have a dishwasher. They each take 1 shower per day and they wash the dishes by hand and flush the toilet . . .so I'm pretty sure $90 per month is pretty excessive! DD then asked if she could see the bill and the landlord said "well, I just guesstimated" because she didn't receive her bill yet . . .BULL! Everyone got their bill in town, it's payable March 31st. She wants DD to pay $3 per day for water usage. First off, I'm pretty sure that she can't ask that since water is included in the rent . . .I told DD not to get confrontational because she does have a little temper issue at times . . .If it's not in the lease, she cannot change it when the lease is only 3 months old.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!