View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Question Can't remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenwoodBiewer View Post
You may want to look a bit closer at the standard .. I believe the one you're referring to was written by an American and only signed by Mrs. Biewer (so they say), well after Mr. Biewer passed away.

-Diana
the exact details. What I do remember hearing is that the only reason she agreed to support the club was to ensure that the standard would be preserved.

If what you say is the case, I would believe it may have been the other way around; Mrs. Gertrude wrote it and an American translated it Sounds more logical to me. Knowing my people, they would've been very flexible on the standards. Not that Germans aren't, but that Mrs. Gertrude wasn't.'

Besides, if I remember correctly and if we're talking about the same thing, there was no American at the time in all those dealings in 1989. Remember, Biewers don't have a club here, so a standard here doesn't matter, they are not recognized as a separate breed, yet.

But, then again, what do I really know about all this???

Mrs. Gertrude loved her dogs, you could see it in the pictures, they were her children (I never met her personally, but pictures do speak louder than words). She was also very strict with the standards and only supported the club in order to preserve it, from what I heard.

Biewers were going to be bred anyway the way she and her late husband said not to. I don't believe that she would relaxed her strong belief after holding on to it for so long (?) I could be a financial move after the fact by the club. Adopting a Biewer carries a hefty price, I was looking at 6k for a boy at one point, not including travel and other (long story). So, I can imagine what's to happen without her, being that she must be advanced in age or just tired or fighting a losing battle---free-for-all.

One more thing, please don't quote me on any of this, I was just looking to adopt. I wasn't looking to do my thesis on Biewers or to become an authority on the subject or to breed---just a humble, mommy-wanna-be with the dream of a healthy, happy pup. And that's why I asked, read, communicated with everyone that would help me.

Some people lied to me, tried to stir me or influence me one way or another. Some were honest and helpful but I never asked for proof about the clubs or intentions of any particular person or thing that didn't really matter to me. So everything I said above is what I got from all that research I did for my ultimate goal---Nini & Nicky. I don't care about pedigree, I think it's all BS (I'm also a marketing major, so I know BS when I see it) I just want a beautiful, healthy, bouncy baby
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!