View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #11
kpstoybox
Do you like Parti's?"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
If a dog is sold with limited registration, the AKC wouldn't register the offspring, so they couldn't be registered as Parti's with the AKC. The Continental Kennel Club (CKC) and other registries will register the offspring anyway the breeder likes. Of course they couldn't register them as Biewers with the AKC, but they could register the dog with a breed club. There are three main Biewer clubs, of which I'm aware. Two of the main Biewer clubs do not believe in breeding Biewers with yorkies or parti's. Only one club allows this. There have been many arguments on whether the Biewer is the same or different than the Parti, there seems to be some evidence to support the fact that they are different, but until more is known, many don't believe that the two lines should be bred together, any differences would be watered down. Some clubs believe if you cannot trace both sides of the dog's lineage back to Germany, they are not truly a Biewer. My point is that this little girl needs protection, and there are too many breeders breeding merely for profit.
Let's not forget to mention that most...if not all of the original German registries (those that register Biewer Yorkies) still consider the Biewer Yorkie a tri Yorkshire Terrier, and still allows them to be bred back to the Yorkie...including the parti.

Here is a pic of my recent litter of two IBC registered Biewer Yorkie pups sired by an AKC parti yorkie. Proof is in the pudding...they breed true when bred together.
If all goes well...one of these boys will be held back to show as a Biewer Yorkie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breezy boys framed.jpg (123.0 KB, 18 views)
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!