View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
kionini
YT 500 Club Member

Question Where are they registering the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Please spay her before selling. Many people will breed her without any consideration for her heath. It doesn't help to sell on limited registration, in this case, because some people are breeding Biewers with parti's and will just register the pups as Biewers.
Parti as a Biewer? From what I've read, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Biewers are registered in Germany where they have a standard. Partis can be registered as Parti Yorkies, here in the US. I don't think it would be that easy to register a Parti in Germany, where it counts to those who care, as a Biewer. And in the US, as far as I know, Biewers don't have a club.

Here in US many people mistake the Biewer for the 'Parti Yorkie.' People stop me often and ask me if my boy is a Parti, I say yes most of the time to save me the time and the 101 questions. But there are differences. Some of those differences are in the how much and the where of their color. From what I understand, parties can have the colors in uneven proportions and anywhere in the body.

Biewers have a certain percentage of the white and back/blue in the body (belly, neck and all 4 legs should be snow-white) and a certain percentage of the white, gold, black/blue in the face. And the tail plays a role as well (Biewer's tails are not docked). I did a lot of research when looking for my boy and so far I have been able to distinguish between them.

I don't follow clubs, so I wouldn't know if Partis are being registered as Biewers here or anywhere, but it does interest me because it means that some day the geniuses that stop me in the street will quit asking me, "what is that?" when looking at my boy. That would make me happy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!