View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 02:55 AM   #5
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandtanksmom View Post
I have a question, I'm totally freaking out! Last night I was just checking Joey's teeth (I check their mouths sometimes, just to see that all is well), and I noticed that he has lost one in the middle of the front (if that makes sense...), and the one next to the space is loose!!!! I'm so scared my little boy's teeth aren't gonna be there or something by the time he's 3! His second birthday is in May. I don't know why he would be losing his adult teeth...I brush them sometimes, I'm not good about every day, but I would say once per week or so...they eat hard food, and they have dental chews and ropes that they chew on...he does have some tartar on his canines and back teeth, but the very front ones didn't seem to be in bad shape! His gums don't look swollen, either. What could be causing it?!? Could it have been trauma, or do you guys think it's some sort of gum disease or tooth decay? Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm so scared for my baby boy!
I've been through this, and my girl is 17 months old...Same tooth, bottom in the middle....But, last visit to the vet, she said it looked like the one beside the "lost" tooth is a baby tooth, and the other one may have been a baby tooth...Weather she knocked it out, or what, I don't know...Anyway, my vet said these yorkies could be rather strange w/their teeth...Sometimes, there isn't even a tooth, in the spot, to even follow the baby teeth...I think Apple is missing the teeth, beside the two top incisors (the pointed canine teeth?), towards the back, not in the front, and it doesn't look like she's going to get adult teeth there...Soooo, we're living w/it all...It doesn't stop her from chewing on bully sticks, being obnoxious w/Buzz, or anything else...She's just perfect in everyway, except her teeth Btw, my Buzzy Boy has a perfect set of teeth, upper and lower, absolutely gorgeous...So ya never know....
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!