View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
barbielb
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank you all so much for the positive words and thoughts. It really helped me get through the day. It was really hard seeing her so pitiful when I picked her up this afternoon. She is sooo tiny, but such a sweet & strong little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdt View Post
Just remember... when you pick your baby up, pick her up from the underarm and the butt. Just don't pick her up under the arms so her little belly stretches. That would hurt her. Keep her belly from stretching.
Thank you so much for the reminder/advice. I forwarded to my husband to make SURE that he was aware of how to pick her up. It was so cute when he came home and I said "Wait. Be careful!" And he was so gentle and did it just right-- and said, "I know...I read the e-mail."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie
If she licks her incision, you could get her a baby onesie. I did that with my other two and just cut a hole for the tail. Faith is very close in weight to Tessie and I'm hoping the newborn size won't be too big.
Thank you Connie for the sweet thoughts & prayers as well as the advice on the onesie. I had read that before and then forgot to get one. So, my mom went to PetSmart today to get Tessie some "get-well gifts" and checked on onesies and they said they didn't have anything in stock at the moment. So she went to Target and they only had newborn 5-8lbs that she thought would be too big for Tessie. She said she would go to Wal-Mart tomorrow to see if they had any premie onesies that might fit her better.

We love our little girl so much. I'm so glad that I can spend all day at home with her tomorrow. She is such a sweet little girl and I pray that she can have a speedy recovery. Thanks again for all of the positive thoughts & prayers!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!