View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #6
Connie
Loved by Maddie & Libby
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbielb View Post
I got the call and she is doing good!! They said that everything went well in the surgery and she is doing fine. They did say that they still have the IV in her and they will continue to monitor as they have her on a heating pad to keep her warm. So for the most part- she is "out of the woods" or the worst is over at least. I can't wait to see her for myself to make sure that she is ok, but they said that I will need to wait until after 4:30pm...which can't come soon enough!!

Thank you so much grocafe & Connie for your positive words of encouragement and prayers! It really helps!! I will definitely keep you and your babies in my thoughts. I can definitely attest to how hard it is.

I'll post again after I've gotten her home to let you know how she is doing. I know that it helped me to read positive stories of successful spay surgeries before I took Tessie. She is a tiny little girl at approx. 3.4lbs and I was really worried about the surgery, anesthesia, etc. but I knew that it was the right thing to do because of the consequences of not spaying- pyometra, etc.

Thank you again for the positive thoughts & prayers!
PTL! I'm so happy to read your update and that you got good news! Make sure when you pick her up, that they send home pain meds. My vet always does, but I've heard of some that don't and there's no sense in them being in pain. I hope you have a nice, relaxing night with Tessie and she has a speedy recovery! If she licks her incision, you could get her a baby onesie. I did that with my other two and just cut a hole for the tail. Faith is very close in weight to Tessie and I'm hoping the newborn size won't be too big.
Hugs to you and kisses to sweet Tessie!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!