View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #6
YorkieRose
No Longer a Member

Birth weight is so seldom the correct indication of adult weight...one pup litters can have a huge 6 0z pup who grows up to be 3 pounds..it is the genes that determine adult weight. I double at 12 weeks...a pup that is 1.4 at 9 weeks will 90% of the time not make a decent breeding weight..again a big reason the breeder should never have sold her for breeding...

I know you are attaching to this little girl...but her eye is a stopper for me. If she had a normal eye, just smaller, I would never breed her either...it is such a bad fault to reproduce. I can deal with large eyes or small eyes, but not one of each..
I am not happy with the breeder you are dealing with...an ethical breeder would NEVER, NEVER sell a puppy with this fault for breeding...and the first thing out of her mouth should have been to state the problem. AND the reason the cornea has abrasions is because the lack of tears cause all these nasty problems to the point the eye can ulcerate and need to be removed...would you want to chance this happening to another puppy...I would avoid the line entirely...I do not trust the breeder to be honest and tell you what faults are in the line.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!