View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
norcalyorkies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default New Puppy, Just noticed eyes are not the same size!?! What should I do?

Hello all,

I am seeking some advice. I just received a new puppy from a breeder that I have been with in contact with for months. I received multiple emails about the puppy being healthy and pictures that appeared to show the puppy to be normal and healthy. One of the pictures I received showed that one eye was smaller than the other, but I thought it as just the spot around her eye making the picture look weird. I got the actual puppy two days ago and when I brought her to the vet, the first thing he told me was that the two eyes were different sizes. The right eye is 1cm and the left eye is 1-1/2cm. She also had abrasians that could have been ulcers so the vet put her on antibiotic eye drops for one week. The vet also said she does not produce tears in that right eye and an insufficient amount in the left eye. Basically she is at risk for infections and blindness her whole life because of the chronic dry eyes.

I have a contract with the breeder to trade the puppy in for one of equal value if it is not healthy. Would this be a reason any of you would trade her in? It's a hard call because she is exactly what I have been looking for despite the eye problems, I don't know if I should keep her, seeing that I got her for breeding, and the vet said this could be genetic and could pass it on to future litters.

Should I return her? Or will this not pass on to future pups? How common is the dry eye thing in yorkies?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_3412.JPG (183.7 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by norcalyorkies; 03-07-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!