View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadabug View Post
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/my-...barrasing.html I had the same problem with Jada and the bullystick. This is a pic of how I did her beard. I use the terry cloth bands mad e by goody (at any drugstore or walmart in the hair goods section) these are the same bands I use for everyday keeping topknot up.
Update: I employed your method for chewing time and it worked perfectly! Maximo seemed to appreciate having his hair out of the way, although he looked so strange that he was almost creepy, lol. I'll try to get a picture next time we do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
For banding the chin beard. follow under jaw line and gather hair together then use your selected band type and band hair. Use the tail end of a comb (you know the type you tease hair with) to loosen a bit the hair so it is not too tightly banded.

For moustaches make sure you only take moustache from upper lip and end just before the hinge of the jaw. Band it

Hope this makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Put the band near the skin.
Use 5/16 lightweight bands; Dog Bows: Dog Leads & Bows, Show Dog Bows and Show Supplies has the best price and turn around.
Change them daily by cutting them out with band scissors or you are defeating the purpose. You don't need papers for banding. I sent the photo for parting reference. It's all I could send now.
belovedyork.com
Thank you Gemy and Elle -- I'm going to practice the fine work of banding. I feel like all thumbs when I work on Maximo's face.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!