View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
topknot
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda350 View Post
These dogs are AKC...Do they look purebred to you?? They are all from the same breeder who has more than 30 for sale right now. All AKC so they must require DNA and do inspections right? It seems to me that it is just as easy to get AKC papers as it is CKC. Considering I could easily do it. I have an AKC male that is WAY out of standard.. You never would have thought it when you saw him as a pup. He is neutered, but Bentley, my stud is IBC and CKC registered and I could easily lie and use Stewies AKC papers to register Bentley's litter and noone would ever know..Thank goodness I am an honest person!!
Dear Amanda,
I was only responding back to the OP. And yes, it is easy to register with Contintental. I was in no way saying that All yorkies depending on the registration are to standard and that breeders should not be researched. The puppies are registered by the breeder. And therefore it is up to the ethics and honesty of the breeder and his/her knowledge of the standard whether as to how the pups s/he produces - quality. Continental does not do inspections, as I am aware of right now nor do DNA testing, but - AKC does. So why get on to me. As I stated before I was only answering the OP's question.
I prefer AKC and would only own AKC (since they do inspections and DNA and have shows for evaluating the breeds by judges, and have health seminars) - that is my preference. Is it perfect? no - but IMHO the best so far. I have been around yorkies since 1979 and know about the other registries and still I would only own AKC registered dogs. JMO
One should always do their research and know the breed standard and check out the breeders to make sure they are ethical and breed high quality yorkies (to the standard and evaluated) that are sound and healthy. JMO

Last edited by topknot; 03-02-2010 at 10:56 AM.
topknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!