View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda350 View Post
These dogs are AKC...Do they look purebred to you?? They are all from the same breeder who has more than 30 for sale right now. All AKC so they must require DNA and do inspections right? It seems to me that it is just as easy to get AKC papers as it is CKC. Considering I could easily do it. I have an AKC male that is WAY out of standard.. You never would have thought it when you saw him as a pup. He is neutered, but Bentley, my stud is IBC and CKC registered and I could easily lie and use Stewies AKC papers to register Bentley's litter and noone would ever know..Thank goodness I am an honest person!!
Your post is a good example on why people should look at more than just an AKC registered breeder. At one time having a purebred meant something, it meant that you could predict what the adult dog would look like and how they would behave. However, breeders must continuingly breed good examples of the breed and not just a dog that has papers, or we will lose the distinction between breeds. It's sad, but it seems like at one time, lying was a more serious offense than it is now. It just seems like some people think, that's what you do in business. Well, maybe that's why dog breeding shouldn't be a business, it should not be profit motivated.

Join today and remove this ad!