View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Heycher
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Please help -- not eating and vomits when does it... very scared

I am writing with a question, to see if you have any thoughts.

My sisters 3 year old yorkie is very sick. He has been losing weight for the last 6 months or so, and is just skin and bones now. He vomits all the time and is not digesting his food properly it appears.

My mom and sister have taken him to multiple vets and haven't gotten much answer. They did blood work last week and his levels were elevated (liver and others), but not elevated enough to zone in on a specific problem, just enough to tell them that he is sick.

Next steps would be as the vet set, potentially thousands of dollars of testing.

They do not know what to do. Do you have any suggestions of foods they can feed him even that would be very healthy for him? Or even appealing to him? The vets have put him on several antibiotics to rule out infection, and have had him on several prescription foods that he'll eat for a day or two and then stop eating. He is basically starving to death and when he does eat, he throws up. It's horribly sad. He can't eat chicken I know, and I know they've tried a lot of things.

Maybe even does anyone have ideas of natural or homeopathic things that might be able to help him?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have. My family is just heartbroken watching him decline, so we're doing all we can to try to find a way to help him

Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have.
Cheryl
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!