View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:18 PM   #10
debbies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Im taking my 8 month old to the vet this week

Last night my baby, roxy, scared me to death. She woke up about 6 am and starting breathing fast for maybe only about 4 seconds as if she couldn't get a breath. Then she went right back to sleep. I have noticed her cough once in a while - she likes to burrow in our shoes - stick her nose down inside my shoes - and she'll cough sometimes when she does that. I have an appointment with the vet this week.
Well, I looked on the internet today to see what this might be. I have a feeling she might have the beginnings of a collapsed trachea from what I've read online on this forum and also just doing random searches. I hope if it is this it is at a stage to where it can be managed...I love my little baby! I have decided this is the pet for me, a yorkie. This is my first yorkie and my boyfriend bought my little baby as a surprise for me.....which is great but I know he didn't think to check out the breeder to see if this is a problem with the parents. Since she is only 8 months old I have a feeling this is hereditary. I love her anyway, and I will do whatever it takes to keep her and keep her healthy for as long as is possible.

When I first got her I read up on possible problems with yorkies so I've never used a regular leash and collar ---- i bought a great halter harness for her which she likes much better than the regular ones. I've been very careful because I know little dogs have problems with this. Now, however, I am afraid she might have it anyway. Cross your fingers that this is something that can be managed!
debbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!