View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:20 AM   #10
ForeverYorkies
Yorkie Talker

Default Use common sense

If you are using a paper to locate your breeder, it is fine. Just do not rush into a purchase. All puppies are cute and it can lead you into rescuing rather then finding your perfect match. If a breeder is legit and has the best interest for her pups she will want you to come to their home. I want to check out a perspective buyer, I want the best for my babies. If they will not show you their dogs or the dogs are dirty, the place smells not clean. Leave quickly before you get trapped. A good breeder will ask you questions also to see if you will be a good care giver for the puppy. They will also give you a health guarantee in writing, also ask for the guarantee to include the puppy to be approved by your vet... When a puppy leaves my home it is at least 12 weeks old, eating well, parasite free. A good breeder has their pups checked out by a licensed vet. I offer vet references on my babies. I do not give my own shots, worming, tail and dew claw removal. The puppy should be well socialized and outgoing. Make sure the pup is alert and not bloated. If you hang around long enough it may even have a bowel movement for you. lol Be sure there is no slime, bloody discharge or diarrhea going on. I will take calls 24/7 and a good breeder cares about the well being of their puppies. Most important find a pup you feel a connection with you are going to spend a long time together. Best Wishes to you with your puppy search...
ForeverYorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!