View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #12
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha Cha View Post
Strangely enough this little one does remarkably well when left alone. And, that is what we have been doing. I am very nervous about this however, because before her we lost one to a tragic accident, so I do see crate training as a safety thing. We also travel some and take our dogs and having them crate trained when visiting relatives is very nice. Other than that when we are home, this is how this little dog is (which does NOTHING for my fears, lol) ...
Mental picture may help...Picture a little 5 mo. 5 pound dog....If a cabinet door is open, she is in it. If the dish washer door is down, she is on it. If the dryer door is open, she is in it. If a chair is left out from the table, she is on the table. If the door to the trash can is open, she is in the trash. She is on the coffee table. She gets on the sofa to get on the end table. She gets on ledge of my bath tub to jump up onto the counter, she loves Q-tips. If I am folding a basket of clothes, she is in the basket digging to the bottom! She bites leaves off my plants. I am pretty sure she can get out of an ex pen, and I am pretty sure she is a cat in a dog suit. One of the most challenging I have ever had!! I should add, however, that I love her stubborn personality. I just want her to be safe.
haha - little terror ! She sounds like a nosy little handful....(said with a smile)

I didn't crate train - heck - couldn't even get Cheri in a playpen for her first night home - she screamed her tiny fool head off and I caved...but I was in the position to be right there most of the time when she was a puppy - when we'd go anywhere they had a secure gate and stayed in the kitchen....she didn't like that either but it worked
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!