View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilysmom View Post
I agree with Melissa and Mary. Always check them out and ask to see the parents. I didn't know about YT until after I got Rily. I saw an ad and went to get him. I'm lucky, he is a great dog, but I did better with Saydee because I had learned a lot on this forum. I found her through a YT member who had a brother from an earlier litter. When I get another puppy, she will come from someone I've met on here, and I'll ask to see the parents too, not just pictures. But don't get me wrong, I feel that not all puppies listed in a paper are bad. In the information age that we are in now, we tend to forget that there are still some people who do not have a computer or the internet and a newspaper ad may be their only means of selling their puppies. JUST BE CAREFUL AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
I've heard over and over ask to see the parents, ask to see the grand parents too.

Remember it is not always an option to see both parents. There are exceptions. At times breeders will send their females to be bred to a stud belonging to someone else. There is also the situation where a breeder obtains a pick of the litter for stud fee.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!