View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 11:19 AM   #18
Raiza
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello fasteddie: Yes, I tried a bag that is for doggies. We'll see, I don't think she is going to be a baggy kind of gal' LOL . Yes, I think Cosita is apprehensive, but at the same time she dares. Looks as if she is going to jump out of it and don't care how high she is. I will keep trying, but I doubt she will want to stay there. I should had tried the bag before taken her out for walks on a lead. I think Cosita is going to be about 7 pounds as well .. and I am not overfeeding her.

Hi bettyeanne: Cosita's age is no for envy LOL... she is a handful cuz of the potty. I like how cute she is but at the same time I want her to be out of the potty training. That means she will be close to one year old. This morning I took her out of her crate, and I thought she was getting the hang of going outside first thing in the morning. I put her in the living room, and saying at the same time "let's go potty".. and as I just bend down to pick up her can of treat, she went right on the carpet!! She didn't even waited for me to open the door... she knows that when that door is opened that is where she goes. I got upset. I am a clean freak and I had to go down on my knees and clean the mess. Took me a while cuz I am a little bit obsess with cleanness. My husband told me that bringing a dog to our house may be too much for me since he knows how bad I wear myself down trying to keep the house spotless ALL the time. I feel bad for Cosita cuz on one hand I think she knows where she should go, but then on the other hand I think she is too young and I need to be patience. I tossed her outside and she did not go #1 or #2. Of course #1 was already taken care inside .

Then I had to leave to work and put her in her play pen, which I had to put that strong plastic tape around it cuz she claims up and out of the pen. I ordered a top for that pen, but I still don't get. So I am in the roll since 6 am this morning, got to work at 10 am and I am soooooooooo very tire..... now I feel guilty leaving her at home alone and loosing my temper this morning.

Hubby says I wasn't ready for a dog, but I love her so much and I wanted her so much. If I don't start being patience with her and the potty situation, I think Hubby is going to get mad at me and advise me to get rid of the dog.

Yes, her personality is such a joy and seems that she would want to be with me no matter what.

Ok enough of the "potty" ... That is good Toto stayed at 4 pounds. One of the reasons I wanted a small dog is because it was easy for me to handle. I had back surgery a year ago and bending is still hard on me.. Cosita is perfect for me.

About the bag, u know, I will try the towel or a blankie, i will see how it works. Cosita kind of fights the baths and the brushes, but I do it regularly. When she is bathing and she sees that towel where she is going to be wrapped up she gets so happy cuz she knows she will be kind of warm. But ain't over yet LOL, then comes all the brushing and the hair drying.. man she is desperate to get away from me. I tried to brush her teeth as well, boy she fights that as well. I think in time, she will just give up and just stay still.. who knows. Hopefully I am not rafting her way too much.

boy don't I yiak! yiak, yiak, yiak!!
-Raiza
Raiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!