View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #27
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_mama22 View Post
I was doing raw for a little while and was liking the results but my concerns began to grow with clean up? Feeding a big piece of raw meat where do you put it? on a plate for them. Few times I have had Lola try to run off with it. I don't want her dragging raw meat around.

after they eat do you clean them up as well and if so what is the best idea for clean ups?
Boneless meals we feed in bowls inside. RMBs are usually fed outside unless the weather is too severe although my dogs generally will eat regardless of the weather. Once they're done I *sometimes* wipe their paws and face with a baby wipe, or a wet paper towel/rag. If feeding outside is not an option, you can feed in crates, playpens, or gated off tiled areas. That way you can easily wipe/mop/disinfect/whatever. Most owners train their dogs to eat on a towel. I started off by gating off our kitchen AND feeding them on a towel but eventually they got the hang of it and they know to stay on their towels. Those go in the wash every other week or so. I used to be really particular about cleaning but after a while you kind of just get used to it. Germs are everywhere, regardless of how hard you try to get rid of them. Plus a healthy exposure to bacteria can be beneficial! I wipe off areas that need to be disinfected with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide or the occasional Clorox wipe.

Last edited by PrincessDiana; 02-23-2010 at 12:27 PM.
PrincessDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!