View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondakester View Post
That schedule looks easy enough for even me to follow! Thanks for submitting it as it clears up a lot of questions I had about which meats to purchase.

For a puppy I'm reading to fee 3x per day and other places 4x per day. Any thoughts on this? It looks like the meals will not be large ones- maybe 1 ounce at each?

Thanks again!
Rhonda Kester
We started raw after both of mine were already adults so we only feed twice per day. I'm not sure how it works with puppies but it would make sense that you would need to feed more. The only issue would be feeding raw meaty bones as those will almost always be more than 1 oz. and it's not really advised to cut them because it creates sharp edges. On those days you could just feed more -- it's not a huge deal if you don't feed the exact same amount every day.

I forgot to mention, a lot of raw feeders use chicken feet -- this would probably be the perfect RMB for a smaller Yorkie! Also, small cornish hens cut up into pieces is great. If you have any ethnic grocery stores locally, they typically have a great selection of meat!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!