View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #25
yorkie_mama22
Currently Suspended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDiana View Post
For our boneless red meat we give ground pork, pork shoulder, pork chops (not often), cow tongue, beef heart, beef cheekmeat. We also get a ground blend from a raw manufacturer and those come in beef, wild boar, and venison. MOST of our RMBs come from chicken but we also give pork ribs occasionally. I also try to give red meat organs such as beef kidney, beef spleen, and pork liver instead of chicken liver when I can. Other meals include chicken breast, chicken quarters (thigh and drumstick), chicken wings, chicken heart, chicken gizzards, and whatever I can find on sale!

I give Franklin and Maggie a raw egg every couple of weeks. I know it is very good for them. We've never had any problem with stomach upset here!

Here is a sample of what the dogs might get in a week. We vary quite a bit according to what I have in the freezer and/or defrosted. They always get a ground or boneless meal in the mornings. This is because I usually do not have time to supervise a bone meal. This is what they'd get for dinner:

Monday: Chicken gizzards
Tuesday: Pork ribs, organ
Wednesday: Chicken hearts
Thursday: Chicken drumstick, organ
Friday: Beef heart
Saturday: Chicken heart
Sunday: Pork ribs

They also get the occasional canned tuna, salmon, or jack mackerel because we don't feed raw fish yet.

I was doing raw for a little while and was liking the results but my concerns began to grow with clean up? Feeding a big piece of raw meat where do you put it? on a plate for them. Few times I have had Lola try to run off with it. I don't want her dragging raw meat around.

after they eat do you clean them up as well and if so what is the best idea for clean ups?
yorkie_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!