View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Has your vet checked inside her nose and her nasal passages to make sure there are no blockages or tumors?

When I had Peanut at the vet to be neutered they had a male Beagle mix there that had a tumor in his nasal passage and they were removing it so they let me watch the surgery. The vet said it was blocking his normal breathing and they had to remove it so he could breathe through his nose again.

To me it sounds like the noise is coming from the back of her throat like it's dry from open mouth breathing. Could it be possible that she has something blocking her nasal passages so she can't breath through her nose and she is drying out her throat from breathing that way?

Also, we took Boog to a new vet a few years ago and before I could ask 'what's that?' she put that intranasal kennel cough stuff in his nose...he had all kinds of breathing issues after that. I won't allow any of my dogs to get that now...and I never went back to that vet!

Good luck...I hope you find the answer for your girl soon so she will feel better.
very good info thanks as there is another yorkie on here recently that had a tumor removed i believe in nasal or in that area -i think the thread is prednisone
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!