View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlighten60 View Post
I did try the can before and it did not work. I am going to try again hopful it will work . But another thing my yorkie does is she jump on people and barks like she is on something when they come in the house. I don't know what to do it very hard. If I get her to stop this she will be a great dog. I was told that yorkies are house dogs and they don't need to go on walks is this true can this be apart of the problem? please help me out. Thank you

All dogs need exercise and stimulation for their mind. If you don't walk your dog - then hopefully you will play lots and stimulate your dog in the home. You can play fetch with her in the home. You can try to train her to find treats you hide . To sit and stay on command.

I too am still teaching razzle not to jump up on people. Sometimes these things take a lot longer.

Try with the can - but also a sharp clap of your hands can work. The two keys for any training is consistency, and timeliness. Interrupt her barking just as soon as it starts. Reward her immediately when she stops.

Dogs need to get acclimatized to many different sounds, people, dogs, and other things; otherwise your dog will likely be reactive to many different stimuli.

Good luck with your training and don't give up!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!