View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #47
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
I really think they opt for liquid because so many people cannot get pills into their pups. I have a couple that will NOT take treats from me, so I have to put their Sentinel down their throats each month. It took me a while to get used to doing that....I think people just don't like it.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with money.

Of course, sometimes it just is not possible to give pills especially to the smaller pups because of the small dosages. It just depends upon the medication. My vet knows that I prefer pills.

I hate that liquid metronidazole...it has to be refrigerated and is just sticky and nasty imo. I much prefer the pills.

Oh, I totally LOVE my vet. I have used her for about nine years now. I used to travel between NJ and TX and I really lucked up when I found her. She is an excellent diagnostician ... in all of those years, she has never missed the boat with any of my pups. And, she has seen many since I have fosters.

Sorry, but you will have to come here and get used to WET HEAT!
It is wild as i have the easiest time with pill but liquid is a nightmare for dee dee as she is a little piggy so i just give it to her in something and down it goes and liquid it is like wrestling a Bear takes two of us and dh was out of town so had to have my dad come over every night for a week to get the liquid down her - she clenches, etc and why i am not real happy there were tablets not cool

i am glad she can take pills as she gets soloxine twice a day and temaril every other day i would have a nightmare with a dog that spits out the pill like i have heard about
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!