View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #42
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post

Linda, do you have any guesses as to why it seems the liquid is being given out more often? Is the powder (pre-mix) just more common right now? Longer shelf life? Now I'm curious...but I honestly don't know...

(ugh....if I find out it's a higher mark-up, revenue-generator...ugh...)

As usual, looks like your vet is doing the right thing . Are you sure the practice doesn't want to move here? The weather really IS nice. Plus? DRY HEAT.
I really think they opt for liquid because so many people cannot get pills into their pups. I have a couple that will NOT take treats from me, so I have to put their Sentinel down their throats each month. It took me a while to get used to doing that....I think people just don't like it.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with money.

Of course, sometimes it just is not possible to give pills especially to the smaller pups because of the small dosages. It just depends upon the medication. My vet knows that I prefer pills.

I hate that liquid metronidazole...it has to be refrigerated and is just sticky and nasty imo. I much prefer the pills.

Oh, I totally LOVE my vet. I have used her for about nine years now. I used to travel between NJ and TX and I really lucked up when I found her. She is an excellent diagnostician ... in all of those years, she has never missed the boat with any of my pups. And, she has seen many since I have fosters.

Sorry, but you will have to come here and get used to WET HEAT!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!