View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #41
Stryker
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Wow, just wow.

You're entire post was one of the most shocking I've ever read here at YT...but this sentence really blows my mind.

To another poster, no one here has to tell me that I "need" to understand the difference between animal rights and animal welfare. Who are you to OWN the definition? I'm seriously asking that question, at this point? I mean really, I'm respectfully asking...? Animal Rights is not a dirty phrase, thank you! It is not shameful.

I am deeply saddened by what I've seen in this thread. And yes, it's personal. I ask to be treated respectfully, as a member of PETA. I have never disrespected your memberships in organizations, please do the same for those members here at YT who choose to be members of PETA.
Why would someone's honest opinion of an organization offend you. Her post expressed her opinion about donating to an organization that she views as having committed acts that can legitimately be characterized as terroristic. Where has anyone on this thread disrespected you? Posting articles and information on the activities of PETA is a way of presenting facts to those who read these posts. You (like everyone else) has the opportunity to post opposing views and supporting articles in an effort to support your opinion if like. If you have articles that support your views and contradict the information provided on this thread then PLEASE post it. I would love to see the argument for your position.

Debate is not meant to offend but to inform. I base my views by the information that I receive. I look at both sides and then form an opinion. I have yet to see a logical or ethical reason to support PETA and those that act on their behalf. I have not seen one post that lists any positive actions that this group has done. If there are.....list them and we can debate those.

Respectfully, Pam
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!