View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
Hi, Dwerten. Where do you live? Looking for a new vet for Ted. Right now he's being seen at the Animal Specialty Group in glendale for his present condition but they are for specialty purposes only. Nervous to call them right now cause I know they're probably going to tell me to try him on these steroids first...though they have been so great throughout this whole ordeal. Your little ones are so cute. They must keep you so busy. Just dealing with this one incident with Ted has me worn to the bone. Anyway, nice to meet you. Nice to have a local to look to for advice. luv corrinne

Corrine, if you are nervous about calling because you believe they are going to insist you try this, then I suggest you definitely call them. Most vets these days shy away from the use of steroids unless absolutely necessary.

You really need to speak with them about your concerns and find out EXACTLY why they are prescribing this medication. I am quite sure they do not intend to use it long term.

Just calling them does not mean you HAVE to follow their directions....I just think you should hear them out for Ted's sake.

You are letting fear get in the way here and it is not a good idea to NOT follow a vet's advice unless you KNOW it is bad advice. Listen closely to what they tell you and THEN make your decision. Don't let things you read on the internet make you shy away from something...share it with your vet and, as I said, make a well informed decision! It is good to read and learn, but you need to discuss with your veternarian!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!