View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexieGirl View Post
My Yorkie started breaking out, itching until bleeding under her arms, belly area, feet and legs after being spayed. It all started once the surgery was done. The vet has put her on Termaril-P (a steriod) to help her stop breaking out. Once the medicine is over - she starts to break out again. When she breaks out, she sweats and smells like "urine". We can't test her for allergies b/c she has to be off the steriods for 60 days to do the test. We can't go that long with something not in her body ( we have tried Benadryl and doesn't affect her) because she scratches herself to bleeding. We have changed her bedding,her food to all hypoallergenic from the vet and nothing has changed. Help? Has anyone had this problem or do you think it could be related to the surgery?

Thanks for ANY ADVICE!

Lexie's Mom
I think it is a coincidence is she 6 mos as usually that is when they start getting allergies -I will post a link for you to read and get her in a tshirt it will protect her when she itches from getting bacteria infections from opening the skin
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!