View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:16 AM   #3
lelemommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

My girls use pee pads too. I work during the day so we used a larger crate for potty training. In the back I put a pee pad and in the front was her bed, food and water. This way she could go potty if needed and still have a place to sleep and eat.

It was explained to me like this---These are babies. Even skin babies get lost in a house. If you are letting her have free run of your house when she is out, she will get lost. They are so cute it is hard to put them back in the crate when you are home. When she is out you have to watch her just like a skin babies. Try to keep her in just one room when she is out that way she will learn where the pad is. As she gets bigger you can let her into more rooms and move the pad where you want her to go.

My girls are 6 and 2. I have two pads for them to use. One in the den and one in the bath room. Sydney likes to go in private.

Just one last thought. My breeder had Emmie almost pee pad trained at 12 weeks. When I asked her about it she said that when they used the pad she gave out cheerios. To this day Emmie will come tell you that she used the pad. Emmie will even tell on Sydney just to get the cheerios.

We only use the crate when traveling now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!