View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #96
MaddiesMommie
LoveMy2
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherridehner View Post
Nor would I do anything that would put my pets in harms way. If a Vet were to tell me that having 1 litter would put my dog's health at risk, I would surley take his advise..He is my brother and I trust him.
Having a litter is putting your dog's health at risk. Are you willing to take that chance? It is just a question not an accusation.

I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the risks for not spaying your female:
Female dogs which are not spayed are at risk for several illnesses and problems that spayed dogs do not face. These risks include:
development of pyometra - a severe and often fatal infection of the uterus of an unspayed female dog.
mammary tumors - dogs spayed at an early age are much less likely to develop breast tumors as they get older.
dystocia - difficult births. Some female dogs have difficulty delivering their puppies. In such cases, medical intervention may become necessary. Surgical intervention in the form of a caesarian section often becomes necessary in order to save the lives of the mother and the puppies. Dystocia, if left untreated, can be fatal for the mother as well as the puppies. Medical or surgical intervention is not always successful in saving these pets.
eclampsia - a calcium deficiency which can develop in dogs during pregnancy or while nursing puppies. Eclampsia can become a fatal condition.
Should you choose to proceed to breed your female, I hope you take the necessary steps to ensure the health of you girl: Remember, you were deceived by the breeder you got your dogs from. Therefore, your pups may not be healthy enough to breed or produce healthy puppies. I am sure with your experience with taking care of a dog with health difficulties you would not want to purposely have sick puppies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!