Thread: No poop, help!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #28
dwerten
BANNED!

when dex kept getting sick for a year with ibd and pancreatitis they were not sure what was going on so the last time we all agreed probably ibd due to potato in diet as we had switched around a few foods. So she says let's scope him and get a definite diagnosis and i said well if you scope him and get a diagnosis how will you treat him and she said well ultimately getting the right diet for him and i said is there a risk for scoping and she said yes as they biopsy intestines and it can damage intestines but it is rare. She also said if food does not work then we will not give him meds unless we have a firm diagnosis so I said what other foods can we try because you are not scoping him putting him through this after he has been through so much and he cannot take steroids due to pancreatitis issue so why put him through this so we opted for purina ha and he has been fine for 4 years. I was not going to put dex through this to just tell me it is ibd when i already know he vomits his food up whole so he obviously has ibd in small intestines -I did not need them to do a scoping to tell me this - i just think the tend to test more than what is necessary for their own curiosity when it really is not going to help the dog. Scoping dex would have done nothing to help Dexter and there was a risk of doing it so why would i put him through it yet internal medicine wanted me to do this After going through so much I have now learned that i will make the ultimate decision for them and not be pressured into things i do not think make sense to me
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!